Saturday, June 6, 2009

Back to the Future?

Today as the Palm Pre debuts with its fancy multi-touch technology which extends the multi-technology that Apple pioneered with the iPhone I find myself wondering if the this whole "giving your phone the finger" thing is such a good idea after all. Part of what makes me wonder this is something I saw in my Twitter feed. PC Software News has a link to an interesting product, a touchscreen stylus. And this isn't the first time I've seen such a product, Thinkgeek has them too. The point of the touchscreen stylus is that it provides better control which makes typing on the iPhone's tiny virtual keyboard easier. I can see that. I can also see that it might enable also enable better control for drawing applications as well. It's interesting how now that the last hold outs in the stylus driven touchscreen camp has joined the multi-touch party that people might be starting to get nostalgic for the old stylus driven touchscreen devices.

No comments: